Check out our FAQ
Print-Ready is a term used to describe a file that has all the specifications necessary to produce high-resolution printed output, without requiring any additional alteration or intervention. In other words, a commercial printer can use the file “as submitted” to successfully create the desired print materials.
Common factors that prevent a layout file from being Print-Ready include…
- Document sized improperly.
- Colors set to RGB instead of CMYK.
- Spot colors not properly defined.
- Not allowing ample margins (putting information or borders closer than 1/4” from any trimmed edge).
- Resolution not high enough (should be minimum 300 dpi at 100% size).
- Bleeds not set up correctly (artwork should extend at least 1/8” past crop marks).
- Crop marks missing or incorrectly placed.
- Missing fonts or images.
- Poor contrast between text and background.
- Spelling and grammar errors.
The File Type is also Important…
The type of file you submit is also an important factor in determining whether a commercial printer can successfully print your layout. For example, high-resolution Adobe PDF files are universally accepted (and preferred) by commercial printers. Layout files created with other Adobe products – such as InDesign, Illustrator or PhotoShop – also have widespread acceptance.–
- 5mm bleed all around the document
- File to be in CMYK
- All images to be at least 300DPI
- Artwork to be supplied in PDF, Illustrator (AI), CorelDraw (CDR) or 300DPI JPEG
Our Process is super easy be sure to check out the video…
Depending on current workload, project complexity and spesific requirements your order can be ready from just a couple of hours to a couple of days, speak to us today about your ETA on your project.
Are you a print broker or just looking to expand your product portfolio? The Media Mafia has your back on this. Register as a re-seller and benefit from preferential discount structures, tips and exclusive specials.